Running adult campaigns and still not profitable?
Think you’ve tried everything?
Here’s a cheat sheet of factors that can — and probably will — affect your ROI.
I have personally used every single suggestion on this list, and I’ve probably got around 200 pages of notes archived in my office detailing each point and the resulting data.
Sometimes they work, often they don’t.
If you’re staring at the screen between the creases of your palm, I hope a couple of suggestions inspire you to test something different and get your campaign in to profit.
Placement factors that can influence ROI.
– Ask for discount minimum bids
– Ask for buying in bulk prices
– Test 300×250 vs 160×600 vs 728×90 vs 468×60 vs custom ad sizes.
– Contact webmaster for direct rates
– Test Player A vs Player B, Footer A vs B vs C
– Test occupying both placements (NTVA & NTVB vs just one)
– Seek out and test less popular custom placements: 125×125, video overlays, interstitial, pop-unders.
– Bid high strategy — aim to pluck users fresh and establish top ceiling of performance
– Bid low strategy — skim from the bottom and establish basement performance to build on
– Test mobile traffic on web offers
– Test tablet traffic on both web and mobile.
– Tight frequency capping strategy — minimise ad exposure to increase CTR.
– Loose frequency capping strategy — scrape up impressions on a low bid without any frequency capping
– Dayparting: run daytime vs. run nighttime
– Weekparting: run on weekends vs run on weekdays
– Test straight campaign on gay placements
– Test straight campaign on tranny placements
Ad Creative Factors
– Establish the best angle (***and use it consistently in the landing page***)
– Best headline
– Best ad copy
– Best call-to-action
– Test every fetish you can think of (Note: https://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaB…-fetishMap.gif)
– BBW, BBW, BBW
– Grannies, MILFs, teens: which group converts best?
– Test black models (linked to black themed LP) in predominantly black states
– Test Asian models (linked to Asian themed LP)
– Test Indian models (hot in the UK, Australia)
– Does image match ad copy? (MILF ad copy requires MILF model)
– Establish best canvas colour (White vs. Black first test)
– Match banner typography to target site
– Match banner colour to target site
– Animated GIF vs. slideshow of images
– Cartoon images vs. real life
– On/off images (model in clothes thru to model naked)
– Add national flag to banner
– Test chat pop-up window / banner
– Test excess white space vs. minimal white space / cluttered banner
– Reference target site in ad (e.g POF ads: “Sick of No Reply?”, or an escort site: “Why pay for sex?”)
– Spend a day cruising 4Chan and Reddit: note which image posts/requests are getting bumped, build creatives around them.
LP Creative Factors
Landing page factors that can influence ROI.
– Establish best headline
– Best image
– Best use of caption under image (test at least 3 variations)
– Best call to action
– Best ad copy
– Short copy vs. Long copy
– Does use of national flag engage more users?
– Test geographical element (xxx Singles in [your town here])
– Test qualified user vs. unqualified user (CTR vs CVR)
– If qualifying user, test a 5 second process vs. 10 second process, compare CTRs.
– Test types of scarcity
– Does testimonial help?
– Do logos of trust help? i.e phishing free, safety verified, etc.
– What happens if landing page image matches the image used on banner?
– Animated gif image vs. JPG image vs. rotating image
– Does ‘online now’ or green online icon help on image?
– One main image vs multiple thumbnails
– Reference referring source in LP (“400,00 women sick of browsing [PornHub] and just want to fuck)
– Match the LP colour scheme to the source of traffic (increase LP CTR)
– Match the LP typography to the source of traffic (increase LP CTR)
– Match the LP colour scheme to the offer colour scheme (increase CVR)
– Match the LP wording to the offer page wording (increase CVR)
– Test Facebook design scheme
– Test POF design scheme
– Test Rules LP vs. Chat Window vs. Short Sell vs. Google Maps LP vs. any other variation you stumble across.
– Do warning type images/icons work?
– Test opt-in and follow-up vs. no opt-in
– Test a pop-up on landing page to engage user faster
– Test a pop-under on user exit to sell second offer.
– Test bespoke Adwords style sidebar with complimentary text ads to monetize uninterested users (male enhancement, other dating offers, niche adult, cam sites etc)
Factors related to your offer that can influence ROI.
– Ask for a payout bump.
– Run the offer direct to merchant for a higher payout.
– Test different offers to establish the best EPC.
– Test your best performing offer on multiple networks to establish cleanest conversion funnel.
– Test each offer’s LP variation (particularly full registration forms vs multiple steps)
– Experiment with SOI vs. DOI vs. CPS models (always test CPS if your quality is strong and merchant wants more leads)
– Test high quality lead strategy (deliver over 40+ traffic to Offer X on Network Y vs. Under 40 traffic to Offer X on Network Z.)
– Test minimum quality lead strategy (if offer is supplemented by high quality traffic, try a different campaign calling out 21-25 market with a distinguishable subid)
– Dual sell 2 offers on the same landing page.
– Test if branding your creatives has a positive or negative effect
Tech-related and misc factors that can influence ROI.
– Test reduced image and script size / faster page load speed.
– Optimise tracking redirect speeds (ensure tracking software is running alone on dedicated server)
– Spot and redirect mobile traffic that the ad platform doesn’t.
– Test CDN for images/scripts (especially if using pop or plug traffic)
– Explicit domain vs. Generic domain
– Explicit file / folder naming protocol vs. neutral protocol
– Can you resell unwanted impressions? (Juicy, OpenX etc)
– Can you improve remnant traffic performance in foreign GEOs with your own adserver?
I wouldn’t want to guess how many tests you’d have to run to find the best combination from the variables above.
But some of the biggest campaigns I’ve had have come from tweaking just 2 or 3 of them.
Test, test, test, test.
Finch my man, did I tell you I love you?
Thanks allot Finch !
Good Shit Finch as always!!
Cheers finch, how’s bannerbroker doing?
This id gold!
Now everyone that read it, start applying some of these points.
Just reading it wont’ make you more money
Awesome man! Thanks a lot for this stuff!
You’re the man!!!
That shit is still going, unbelievably. Proof that stupidity/greed knows no bounds!
Pure gold! The first couple cervezas in Barcelona are on me!
Finch you beast nice post really great stuff!
Finch your a legend mate!
thanks a lot for these pointers…