I’ll be honest – most of my LPs have been utter crap during my adventures with PPV!
I haven’t been screenshot-ting the offer and creating simple LPs. rather, I’ve been creating simple offer landers like the ones below and adding in sound to get attention. The vast majority of my LPs start off quite low in terms of ctr. I usually to get like 300 views and 3 clicks.
Let me know if you guys want detailed stats, all of these LPs had at least several hundred views, enough time for trends to start showing. all had between 1 and 2.5% CTR
1) Women’s body shaper offer
2) Bizopp Survey Membership Site
3) Free Car Sweepstakes
4) Small Business Loan attempt 1
5) Job Site Offer
– See any trends? Any consistent mistakes I’m making?
– I’m planning on adding GEoIP and other such unique identifiers to my landers from here on.
– I’m really open to any advice that I can get. I gotta get this handled.
From:habashir11 Date: 03-04-19
From:habashir11 Date: 03-19-19
Overall I think the setup is pretty good but I’d split test them with the screenshot LPs.
LP #1 –
– it’s not clear what the offer is from the headline – sounds like some kind of "magic" weight losing pant?! But I had to think about it for a few seconds (not good)
– no clear CTA – I think it’s the flashing text but I don’t know
– some of the benefits are too good to be true – drop 2 sizes right away?! not unless we’re talking about some surgical procedures
LP #2 –
– how about calling out the target – Site x visitor – you’ve been chosen for survey xyz
– try to shorten the benefits – Get $3 just for signing up
– Personally I find the flashing text very annoying … I understand the idea is to grab attention but my gut reaction is "how do I close this pop?"
– Align your benefits to the left – right now they seem to be centrally aligned and that makes them harder to read
– Reconsider some of the bullets to be more benefit-focused – I don’t think that "see your options" is a benefit, just something you’d do next
– Reconsider some of the CTAs – e.g. for the job offer – Click Here (in a large font) to find jobs in your area (in smaller font / below the button)
Glad you’re sharing these for feedback – hopefully people will pitch in with more ideas.
I’m guilty of sticking to one-type fits all offers style of LP myself and keep reminding myself that I should be testing (very) different LP styles first before tweaking the fine details. That brings me a couple of other suggestions – there’re lots of Follow Alongs by different members and lots of Case Studies / Lessons by David – browse those to get more ideas for your LPs. Also you could run the Spy Tool on your targets / offer LPs to see what lander people are using.
From:mrgray Date: 03-19-19
1) MrGray said that the flashing text is annoying which would also be true in my case. However, if you can possible slow down the flashing to every 2-3 seconds I think it would be okay.
2) I’m not sure if you’re trying to hide the offername in your LP’s, but be discrete when using the offers name on your LP. It just depends on what your aff manager says.
3) For your biz opp LP, I think you’ll want to state something like this in your bullet points. "Make $104 in just 3-4 hours". I think showing your audience this type of information will lead them to be more enticed to sign up for the offer. But once again make sure you communicate with your with aff manager so that you don’t get dinged for possibly misleading your audience.
4) Maybe put a countdown timer on your bizopp offers, so that the audience knows it’s a limited time offer.
That’s all my advice. But, are you promoting these landing pages via PPV.
If so, then I think it’s good to research your target demographics. Which websites are you targeting to get traffic from. I think you’ll be better off when you know what people’s insecurities are and you could monetize off that.
From:bobbinswager Date: 03-19-19
First put yourself in your potential audience shoes. Look at your targets and just ask yourself if in case you came there as a customer (to those websites), if you actually would be in a state of mind of taking advantage of the offer that pops there (your lander and offer).
If yes and audience is not responding, then maybe your landers need improvement.
If no, then maybe try to look for better targets?
From:juro Date: 03-19-19
Yah You are going to get about 1-2sec to sell that offer to the person. One thing that could really help boost those ad ctr’s is adding "This offer is ending in —- " with a timer count down. That always tends to help out the ctr’s for me.
Evening adding the date can help, along with a geo call out.
Keep at it. : ]
From:JasonAAO Date: 03-19-19
First off kudos for grinding this out. You and Royston are inspirations because you haven’t quit at this and that keeps me going.
I have promoted each one of these offers you promoted and had killed them all without getting them profitable.
I could sit here and nit-pick at your landers but it would all be 100% bullshit because I would put out very similar banners.
I have been using this site and it has helped a little: https://whichtestwon.com/
It gives a lot of ideas of what to test.
If I’m not getting any sales at all, I don’t blame it on my landing page, I change up the targets. Once I get at least one conversion then
I start to worry about the landing page. That being said, my overall success rate has been super low over the last 4 weeks.
I almost got the Cadillac Sweepstakes offer profitable by targeting pages with Cadillac’s for sale, which was drastically differnet then my original idea,
but I still couldn’t get it to be positive.
Please let us know if you are able to get any of these landers in positive land.
Keep going and Good Luck
From:bigg_capp Date: 03-19-19
Good job with being consistent. Sometimes myself I have some doubts and want to pull back but, I keep on pushing .
Make sure you will try to read David’s Copy-writing Tutorials – preferably couple of times. I’m no expert here so look at what I’m saying with reserve.
But first of all look at your targets/keywords – is any being too high in volume and too low in CTR compared to others? Is this a right demo/niche target for the offer? If not consider changing LP to the target or removing the target ….if still no win then come back again to LP and copy.
First off Headlines they the first point of your copy followed straight after the images on the LP, and then probably bullet points. This all is crowned by the consistent message in the CTA.
1) Diet Product:
"Lose 32lbs in 3 Weeks and Wear Your Favorite Jeans Again"
Your friends will envy your new look.
Something in that fashion, but please try to improve this as I didn’t spend too much time on this… you may want to work little more on these.
On bullet points – don’t give them any features … if there is any feature in there – scrap this and put in the benefit for example:
–> Drop 2 sizes right away -> this can be
–> FREE sharper shorts and bottom (i have no idea what is it) free is good, but some benefit of these
–> Guarantee -> not bad, but maybe: You won’t risk a cent with our 30 day money back guarantee.
On the technical note – try to put some small (message conveying) caption under the image. Something as: "Look at the Cindy’s and Mandy’s Results after just 2 weeks of using our thing"
Plus another technical note -> try to make tour Headline, Image and CTA clickable, not just CTA.
And finally CTA -> I think in that case when we are talking about buying stuff it have to be much stronger. And it needs to be consistent with the message on the LP. I can’t think of anything productive now but something like: Get Your Weight Down Today!
Now, below that CTR you may want to add – Hurry Up – our stocks are low! We have sold 8918 items Today!
2) Car thing – you may want to angle it as: neighbor’s look when he sees them in a new Mercedes car or tap into the need of a new car to Improve safety of you and family or maybe old car is breaking so freaking often that it’s just annoying.
3) Business Loan – Not sure but ‘show’ them the infinite growth options, or how he can leverage some money to be more competitive or so one your imagination is your limit. Point is they have to FEEL, SEE and HEAT the money flow coming into their pocket after they take the loan.
4) Jobs – same thing – we have features only … we should have happy man working less and making more money.
Now my digression on the subject.
As bigg_capp mentioned. All of us would have make similar one – and this is where some other guys are making a difference. As they are having better LP, better angle, better Targets, better campaign. And this is what we need to seek. To add a value to prospects and more importantly to the sales funnel of the offer. This can be achieved only through our creativity, and unique approach. We can be gaming the system as long as it is possible by Direct Linking and self targeting, but in the end of the day – when the system will break – bids will become too high, LI change the policy again or Facebook will ban dating … we will be left with no skills in our hands …. That’s why the sooner we learn how to add value to the offer the better for us
Alright good luck with this let us know how did it go.
From:majkelos Date: 03-19-19
You have some work to do on your copy, and some specific advice from the members above which I would recommend following. Here’s the copywriting lesson you should check out. Realistically, you aren’t going to use too much copy on a landing page for PPV but there are some good strategies you can implement.
The biggest thing I see is this – your landers all look the same. The layouts are the same, your CTA is (almost) always a round button, and you’re always using some bullet points. I know that’s the type of LP I suggest, and it can work well, but you need to test radically different stuff. This is actually good news, and should make you feel better because there’s something you can do to fix it. Read these two threads:
I think those will help a lot.
I gotta give you some big credit for sticking this out. I know you’ve stopped for a while at certain points, but you always come back. You should feel good about that because most people don’t have what it takes to stick with this long enough.
From:David Date: 03-19-19
Hi J , that sounds like a cool idea. How does it work for you in terms of quality of leads, please? Does it have any effect at all?
From:juro Date: 03-19-19