I just started facebook advertising for dating offers about a week ago.
I’ve been in this business for about a year now. I’ve been fooling around here and there and wasted so much time(Mostly SEO). I’ve made up my mind that I’m gonna master one paid traffic source until I master it and I chose facebook(Thanks to Wannabe)
I have tested about 50 images with single headline and ad copy because I wanted to find well-converting images first before test headlines and ad copies.
Last 3 days, I spent $187 and made $28.
Countries: Canada, Ireland, France, Germany
I don’t care about conversion rate yet but none of 50 images’ CTR went over 0.05%.
Today I spent $18 and made $21.
LP CVR: 11%
Still all of images’ CTR stay under 0.05%
I think both of my images and ad copy are boring.
1. 10k impressions of data is enough to cut an image? Or should I test it with another headlines.
2. 1 ad per campaign is good idea? or 2 ads per campaign?
3. I initially set my bid price 2 cents above upper limit of suggested bid price. And then lower the bid price accordingly(Every hour) Is it a good strategy?
4. CPC in Canada is very expensive. It’s 0.7 now(because my CTR is very low) Should I try non-English speaking countries?
5. Showing chest muscle(My target audience is mature female) is risky? I think I’m gonna try them tomorrow since my images are very neutral and boring.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance…
hmmm….. thought weight loss was banned from FB ads….
all the weight loss guys I know aren’t able to use FB for advertising….
Just because the guys you know can’t make it work doesn’t mean it’s impossible. A quick search on any Facebook spy tool for women shows that the weight loss niche is still around. It’s not easy to do that’s for sure.
You need really good cloaking software, your own methods to get ads through, access to a lot of accounts, and a bit of luck.
Sounds eazy peezy
dr_ngo…. LOL…. these are guys who were all the biggest guys online selling weight loss, spending 5 figures a day and ALL got kicked off.
they must be cloaking.
otherwise its no go.
but why build a business based on fly-by-night crap.
i’d rather invest the time to build something that will sustain.
??? What do you mean?
I’m doing facebook ads for DATING offer.
… and facebook will ban you for those too haha
To jump in here quickly – Facebook is a bit risky for dating, because dating ads tend to get reported, and that leads to Mr BanHammer far too often for comfort.
Which isn’t to say that you can’t run dating on FB, and do so profitably – but it’s a risk.
In answer to your questions:
– You definitely need a higher CTR. Test more images, and make sure you’re testing a wide variety of styles, people, ages, etc.
– 10k impressions is more than enough to test CTR – indeed, 6k is enough. It’s not enough to get a good idea of conversion rate, but if your CTR is terrible (sub-0.1%), you’re probably safe to cut the ad. Headlines don’t make a huge difference to CTR.
– You’re probably messing around with the bid price too much. I wouldn’t change it that often. Once a day is probably enough. There’s a lot of bidding discussion around older STM Facebook threads – have a look around and you’ll get some ideas of what people tend to do.
– Trying non-English countries is nearly always a good idea – but make sure to get your ads properly translated! One Hour Translation is the way forward.
– I wouldn’t do ANYTHING risky with ads on FB. See above re Mr BanHammer.
There is a risk for sure but you need to leave the comfort of the beach to cross an ocean.
I’ve running FB ads and it’s going well. CTR is still low but I’ve made a sale on Day #5 which is pretty cool. I’m still running very conservative budgets but I’m planning to scale soon as I have enough data.
It’s worth reading the FB guidelines before you start anything.
could have sworn it said weight loss or diet.
damn fucking weed!
Thank you so much for your help Guys.
@dconstrukt : haha… I thought you made a sarcastic joke to a helpless newbie.
@Caurmen: Your CPVLAP guide save me tons of time and really appreciate your valuable advice.
I know Facebook dating is very risky business but I think it has great potential. Also, Wannabe’s success story motivated me to do facebook PPC.
Day 2 ResultYesterday, Eastern time)
I tested 12 images with a adcopy and an awful Landing page.
So far, I tested about 70 images but only 2 images are getting good CTR(about 0.09%)
There have been no image that is over 0.1% CTR
1. 5 years age range is appropriate? Is it too small or too big? Current my age range is 45-50.
2. Should I keep going for Mature women? Just too low CTR.
How different are the images you’re using? You want to try a LOT of stuff – try different ages, different "types" of model, couples, whatever. If you haven’t spent some time spying on similar images (try the POF spy tool in AffExpert), that’s definitely worth doing too, to get an idea of what works.
5-year age ranges are fine – they’re what I generally use.
Any updates on this? Looking forward to it.
In my case problem with Facebook CTR is, that all images that have high CTR are propably against their rules. I guess, depends who is reading the rules Sometimes they approve the image, sometimes not, it depends on weather or something like that. Of course Mr. HammerBan is knocking on my door, but I don’t know what to do. I can’t just upload 100px image of average woman with average dress and get high CTR. It’s all about images. If the image is good, CTR can be very high and click cost is very low. But high CTR doesn’t mean high conversion rate. If you upload something shocking, people click just because they are curious, but then they just close the page, because it’s not youtube video of cute baby making shit or whatever. I am still new to this magic of images and I would like to find some angel how to create images which have high CTR, but are absolutely OK with Fcb rules. Now I am on the border I guess.